Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I've Read the Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here at We Live and Breathe Books, two of us choose five books each week. This week's topic is...


Authors I've read the most books from!

Kiersten's Picks
  1. Cassandra Clare - It's no secret that I'm a fan of Cassandra Clare's series. I've read all The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, as well as The Bane Chronicles and The Iron Trial. I'm currently working on getting all the Shadowhunter Academy Chronicles from the elibrary (it's working pretty well so far, except I can't seem to get the first novella), and I'll be reading The Copper Gauntlet soon. I know Cassandra Clare is sort of one of those "controversial" subjects among readers, but I enjoy her stories and can't wait to keep reading them.
  2. Rick Riordan - I think Rick Riordan is another one on this list that it's not really a secret I like. WLABB has done many a post about Rick Riordan's books. While I haven't read The Blood of Olympus yet (the elibrary has every Heroes of Olympus ebook except this one right now, sob), I've loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books and the Heroes of Olympus books I've read so far. Plus, I'm incredibly excited for The Sword of Summer!
  3. Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - This is the part of this list where I realize that I haven't really read more than 4 books from a certain author, mostly because I read YA series, aka mostly trilogies. This is one exception since the Beautiful Creatures series has five books, and I've also read Dangerous Dream and Dangerous Creatures. I really love these books, and these authors are absolutely hilarious and fun! I really need to get to Dangerous Deceptions as soon as possible.
  4. Melissa F. Olson - I first got into reading Melissa F. Olson books when I got Dead Spots as a Kindle Daily Deal. Since then, I've read the other two books in her Scarlet Bernard series and two of her novellas. Since Boundary Crossed is Kindle Unlimited, I'll definitely be reading that one soon!
  5. Susan Kaye Quinn - While I haven't actually read that much Susan Kaye Quinn, I've loved everything I've read! I discovered her Mindjack series on Amazon when I was looking for an ebook that fit my gift card balance, and I've followed her ever since. While I'm not entirely caught up with her work right now, I've read the whole Mindjack series, Third Daughter, and the first episode of her Debt Collectors serial. I definitely need to finish the Dharian Affairs with Second Daughter and First Daughter, as well as start her new series with The Legacy Human in the near future!
Also honorable mention to Mary Pope Osbourne and the Magic Treehouse books. Since I read those in elementary school and didn't have Goodreads to catalog which ones I read, I have no idea how many I read. I have a feeling it was in the twenties though, so she probably should have been first on this list. Since I made this list based on Goodreads, I totally forgot about all those books until right now.

Noor's Picks
  1. J.K Rowling - I don't actually know if, out of all the authors I've read ever, J.K. Rowling is in the top 5, but I've read the seven Harry Potter books, the the three little side stories (Tales of Beedle the Bard and such) and The Casual Vacancy (haven't gotten around to her books as Robert Galbraith yet I know I hate myself too) so that's 11 so I think it's a reasonable bet??? I feel like her owe her too much to exclude her from top lists like these but I feel like it's valid to include her, I promise I'm not knowingly pushing anyone out to make room for my childhood obsession with Harry Potter. 
  2. Neil Gaiman - This time I don't even know exactly how many of his books I've read because I know if I think about it I'll miss something but I feel like I'm thinking of him because a. I've read a lot of his works recently (over the past few years) if you don't count Coraline which I read in fourth grade and b. he holds a position as favorite author in my mind but I think both those things also would mean I have read more of his books than other authors' books so I think this one is valid too. 
  3. Meg Cabot - As a child I was an avid library user and once I discovered the section of books marketed towards preteen girls I was hooked. I was already bringing home 12 books a trip but now each and every single one included pink and flowery covers. Some time in this era, I discovered a huge shelf of books all by Meg Cabot and made it my home, and, trip after trip, the stacks were dominated by her beautiful works. It was magical, honestly. 
  4. Jodi Picoult - I started reading Jodi Picoult books around when My Sister's Keeper was becoming a movie, and although that's the book I started with, I immediately realized how much more widespread her work was and how that was definitely not the height of her talent. She's another author whose section at the library I clung to, my pile at that point a mix of her emotional, dramatic novels and the cheesy, pink-covered books from the other side of the library. Jodi Picoult was one of the first "adult" authors I really passionately read and I still excitedly read her new works and consider her one of my favorite authors. 
  5. Barbara Park - Barbara Park was the original author homie (just in my heart, we were unfortunately not homies in real life). Even before Harry Potter was in my life, I was eating up the antics of Junie B. Jones. And with all the Junie B. Jones books plus the two Skinnybones books, that's thirty books for Barbara Parks, which not only makes her the spark for my love of reading and literature and words but also probably puts her as my most read author. And to think, it all happened before I finished third grade.  
What authors have you read the most books from?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment