Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I'm waiting on City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.

City of Heavenly Fire
Cassandra Clare
Series:  The Mortal Instruments, #6
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Waited on by: Kiersten
On Goodreads

ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!


*Queue incessant fangirling and sobbing*. To say I'm waiting on City of Heavenly Fire is kind of an understatement... I'm actually kind of dying inside as I count down the days to May 27th (it's 124, by the way). The Mortal Instruments is one I love a lot, as my fellow bloggers at We Live and Breathe Books will agree, and I'm anxious to get my hands on CoHF and find out what happens! I'm so excited finally have the cover... IT'S SO PRETTY. I CAN'T. I was going to do a Cover Cosmetics look for it for this post, but school work happened. But don't fret! I'll be posting a look for the cover very soon!

Anyway, I really cannot wait for this release. The Mortal Instruments was my first fandom and it's something I really love. In fact, I'd even venture to say I wouldn't be as close with my WLABB bloggers if we all didn't love this series so much. Also, after many disappointing series conclusions I've read, I'm looking forward to reading one that will surely have sad moments but will be a perfect conclusion to the series!

- Kiersten


What are YOU waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment